The Sports Legacy Program engaged activities aligned with the four keywords and key concepts of
“Sports Dream (Enhancement and Education),” “Sports Foundation (Facilities),” “Sports Expansion (Public Awareness),” and “The Power of Sports (Contributing to Society).”
We hope that you choose to participate in Sports Legacy Program activities by making donations.
How to apply for donation
Creating and passing on a society in which people can enjoy new lifestyles through sports
- About Programs
- As a pioneer in mass marathons and as a forerunner in sports charities in Japan, the Tokyo Marathon, organized by the Tokyo Marathon Foundation, contributes to the advancement of society through running.
In its Sports Legacy Program, the Tokyo Marathon Foundation carries out activities based on the four keywords and key concepts of “Sports Dream (Enhancement and Education),” “Sports Foundation (Facilities),” “Sports Expansion (Public Awareness),” and “The Power of Sports (Contributing to Society).” in order to use the platform of sports, unfettered by the boundaries between competitive sports and recreational sports, to pass on a legacy of a brighter future for Tokyo and Japan in the 21st century.
We aim for “Innovation & Inclusion,” creating innovative activities that anyone can participate in, befitting of the Tokyo Marathon.
Sports Legacy Program-1
Education work for areas stricken by Great East Japan Earthquake (Iwate, Miyagi, Fukushima)
- About Programs
- Donations received by the Tokyo Marathon Foundation will be divided between the Iwate Learning Hope Fund, the Children Orphaned by Great East Japan Earthquake Fund, and the Fukushima Donation for Orphans affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake, based on the number of minors within the scope of the projects in the three disaster-struck prefectures.
Sports have the power to provide children and adults facing adversity with courage, hope, and dreams. This program supports efforts to tackle social problems through activities such as sporting events, helping foster the creation of an environment that provides Japan with even greater vigor.
This program is being carried out as part of one of the Sports Legacy Program’s four concepts, “The Power of Sports (Contributing to Society): Attempting to solve societal problems through sporting events, etc.”
Sports Legacy Program 2
- All donation are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Due to the fact that the Tokyo Marathon Foundation is the parent organizer, donations will not be tax deductible (no tax benefits are available).
- All registered personal information will be used to create payment receipt and/or for the Tokyo Marathon Foundation to deliver further information.
- The outline of sports legacy program subject to change due to COVID-19, natural disaster, political dispute, activity suspension and etc..
Donor program information will be given to charity runners and supporters who have donated to the Sports Legacy Program.
Please participate actively and take advantage of these opportunities to share your opinions and connect with others regarding the Sports Legacy Program.